Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Joo Ji Hoon arrested on drug charges

Popular South Korean model and actor Ju Ji Hoon, 26, has been arrested on drug charges! Joo, best known for portraying Crown Prince Lee Shin in the Korean drama Princess Hours (Goong), and movie "The Naked Kitchen", is charged with two counts of taking drugs in March 2008 at drug parties with fellow entertainers.

Ju Ji Hoon arrested on drug charges

Arrest warrants for actress Yoon Sul Hui, 28, and model Yeh Hak Young, 26, have also been issued. The two are accused of smuggling drugs from Japan since August 2007.

They were reportedly paid 100 million won to smuggle recreational drugs such as ecstasy and ketamine from Japan on three occasions. The drugs were hidden in their underwear, brought into the country and sold in clubs or taken by the traffickers. Joo has admitted to receiving drugs from the pair.

"It is the first case that has been discovered in which entertainers smuggled in drugs from a foreign country for their own use," a police officer was quoted as saying.

Joo Ji Hoon arrested on drug charges

4 comments:

Asian Traveler said...

Too bad. tsk tsk

Out of topic:
By the way, please change my site from The Asian Traveler to An Asian Traveler. I lost my old custom domain. I have now my new web address http://www.anasiantraveler.com . Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sunny said...

Hi June,

Thanks for the update, site link changed!
By the way I like your new site more than your previous one, nice template you have there.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a new fan of Lee Jun Ki, but I readed that he is charge for taking drugs, somebody can tell me if he is in prision??? or where I can read for my self this information. Thank you!! I like this page.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, what is going on w/ these actors/actress. Btw Noisy, this isn't Lee Jun Ki. I know, old news but I am just reading this now...