Monday, April 07, 2008

Nok Air Customer Complaint Statistics

Customer complaints sent to Nok Air get recorded into their customer information center and reported at the end of each month as shown in the report below.

Nok Air's Customer Complaint Statistics 2007



Looking at the graph above Nok Air's customer complaints appear to have been dropping each month, nothing much to complain about I guess? With the Sonkgran season coming up Nok Air seems to be the number one budget airline as their seats during April 12th to April 15th are pretty much booked already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've lived in Thailand for around 6 years and fly quite a lot. I've used Nok Air a few times but always thought the planes were cramped compared to Air Asia (I'm 1.94m tall). Then 3 1/2 months ago I booked 3 flight for myself and 2 friends from Ubon Ratchathani to Bangkok 6 weeks ahead of the date we wanted to fly. 2 weeks before the flight Nok Air called to say the flight was cancelled and told me the payment would be refunded to my credit card in 3-4 weeks. I've called them numerous times, the last was this week (around 8 or 9 weeks after they told me 3-4 weeks) and they're now saying another 2-3 weeks. This is my money, it was never theirs to take and now they're playing games refunding it. I will never use this company again and will
recommend the same to friends and co-workers. Be careful if you're from outside Thailand and here for a holiday as you may end up writing your money off unless you
are prepared to make repeated international calls to find out where your refunded cash is.