Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thailand blocks Google's BlogSpot.com entirely

The Thai government have blocked Google's most popular blogging site blogspot.com since the eveninh of Friday, 27th June, 2008. None of the Thai bloggers are able to access their blogs from Thailand. According to reports, the government were aiming at blocking only saturdayvoice.blogspot.com and a few other political related websites. I doing so, their technicians have blocked all of the sub-domains of blogspot.com which is accessed by millions of internet users around the world.

This means that I am not able to access my own blog since I live in Thailand, but luckily I'm able to publish posts since a different domain (blogger.com) is used to write and publish posts which is not blocked (yet). I just hope that the ban does not take effect longer than a week.



In April 2007, the Thai government had banned the world's most popular video-sharing website YouTube.com, after it had broadcast offensive videos critical of the country's King, and declined to take them off the site.

No comments: