Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tracking my weight loss with Gyminee

I began taking my weight loss & fitness more seriously since mid 2007, and I've been using this new social network website called Gyminee which focuses on health and fitness. Gyminee allows you to keep track and visualize your fitness progress and goals, workouts, monitor your diet, and it has lots of workout programs to follow (videos included) and share with your friends.



Gyminee also allows you to track your weight, waist size, nutrition, calories, protein intake, and much more. You can create your own workout plan or even join another member's workout plan. You can search for other members and add them as your Gym Buddies, or you can even join a Gyminee Group for extra motivation! It has a Locker Room where you can set and view your goals and progress visually in a colorful graph. It also has a cool iPhone/iPod Touch web application which you can use from your Touch to add your workout log through WiFi access.

The best thing about all this is that it is free! But it also has a pro version where you get more features like exporting your workout calendar to Google Calendar and more statistics and tools.



Since day one I've been using it frequently to enter my weight loss goal, workouts and favorite foods that I eat regularly which includes Thai Som Tam Salad. My favorite feature is the Body Tracker which displays a graph of my weight loss progress over a period of time, and also the Exercise Status ratings on the Locker Room which reminds me about the number of days I have exercised in the current week. I have lost almost 5 kgs since I started using Gyminee regularly from Jan 2008.

If you plan to get fit, lose weight, and get in shape I highly recommend Gyminee to stay motivated, have fun and get fit!

No comments: