Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stephanie Rice photographed partying in Patong nightclub

Swim star Stephanie Rice has lashed out, after a mystery man photographed her partying in Thailand and sold the pictures to the media. Stephanie Rice was snapped letting her hair down on the dance floor of a Patong night club.

Stephanie Rice partying in Thailand

Stephanie Rice partying in Patong

Stephanie Rice partying in Phuket

(Photo credit: Live News)

The 20-year-old described it as being ‘really out of line’.

Rice was in Thailand for a relaxing holiday, hoping to have some down time after a whirlwind year.

A relative unknown in the tourist haven, the triple-gold medallist and her friends were also photographed falling into a giggling heap on the floor.

"Some of those photos from Thailand were kind of frustrating," the Daily Telegraph reported Rice as saying.

"I remember that night and I know who it was.

"This guy had asked me a photo with me and I said 'Sure, no problem', but then he kept taking photos of me having a good time with my friends.

"I just thought it was really out of line."

Rice's personal life has been under the microscope since she catapulted to superstardom after breaking both the 200 and 400m individual medley world records at the Olympic trials in March.

After breaking up with freestyle sprinter Eamon Sullivan in the lead-up to Beijing, she has been romantically linked with fellow swimmers Michael Phelps and Brisbane training partner Brendan Capell.

While in Thailand, Rice missed many of the Australian team's homecoming parade.

"The whole point of going to Thailand was to unwind and relax, to be with my friends because I've come out of probably the most intense year of my life and haven't had any down time because I knew it would calm down after Beijing," she said.

She is also the face of Davenport underwear and has also graced the cover of a men's magazine.

Source: National Nine News

No comments: