Sunday, August 10, 2008

Firefox version 3.0.1 consumes 97% CPU?

I just upgraded my Firefox to the latest version of Firefox 3.0.1, and noticed that it is hogging up 97% of my CPU! I had only around 10 tabs open, and don't even have any RSS subscriptions (Live Bookmarks) on it.



I never had any problem with Firefox before, but this time the Task Manager reported that firefox.exe is taking up more than 95% of the CPU, even though I did not see any flash animations on any of the websites on the open tabs.

The worse part is the downloads, which takes up to 97% CPU even for a tiny little file. My laptop became so slow that I had to use my license to kill and go for the "End Process" button.

I shouldn't have updated so soon, Mea Culpa! Anyways, I have Internet Explorer on emergency standby, so I can leave Firefox alone for the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also having the same problem. It uses 100% processor most of the time. It is really annoying.

-Diana

Sunny said...

Yes I have also noticed it taking 100% CPU sometimes.

Firefox version 3.0.0 performed flawlessly! Hell began to break loose after installing version 3.0.1. The best thing to do is to uninstall it, reboot your PC and install version 3.0.0 or earlier.

Good luck!